Ace Hardware Store Owners Pick Scrigit Scraper as Essential Tool for New Homeowners
As owners of two Twins Ace Hardware stores in Fairfax and Arlington, Virginia near Washington, DC, Craig and Jeff Smith were asked to talk about the tools needed by new homeowners. This includes owners of single-family detached homes, townhouses, condominium units and co-op units. They were asked to appear on the WUSA-9 morning talk show called Great Day Washington, which covers Washington, DC and parts of Maryland and Virginia. Their segment on the show was called “Ace Hardware: 5 Tools Every Homeowner Needs” and helped to promote Ace Hardware’s participation in the 2017 Co-op Festival that was held on the National Mall in DC at the end of September. The festival was held to create recognition of the cooperative business model by showcasing a variety of cooperative businesses, such as Ocean Spray, Sunkist, Cabot Creamery, Ace Hardware, and many more.
Twins Ace Hardware owners (and twins), Craig and Jeff Smith were asked on the subject of tools, “How do you get started if you have never owned your own home before?” They identified five essential tools for new homeowners.
- Hammer – either a full-size hammer or something called a stubby hammer for small jobs, tight work spaces, or if you find a regular hammer too hard to control.
- Tongue and groove pliers – Often known by the brand name, Channellock pliers, this versatile tool can be used for a wide range of gripping, tightening and loosening tasks.
- Screwdriver – The 6 in 1 screwdriver features six different screwdriver bits with one handle.
- Tape measure – A metal tape measure is a compact device that allows you to measure spaces around your home so you buy the right size furniture, drapes, and many other items. The featured model had a durable plastic case around a metal mechanism so it won’t break if dropped.
- Scrigit Scraper – There are are always a wide range of small areas around your home that need cleaning, such as corners, edges, grooves, and flat surfaces with small spots of latex paint, food, wax or unknown grime. Instead of using your fingernails, which don’t hold up well, the rounded tip of the Scrigit Scraper is much sturdier, can reach into areas that fingers can’t, and won’t scratch most household surfaces. This tip is also very good for removing those price and product stickers from all the new things you buy for your new home. Instead of using a screwdriver or knife, which can scratch the surface being cleaned, the flat edge of the Scrigit Scraper provides an excellent alternative that will not scratch any surface that would not be scratched by your fingernails.
Great Day Washington is a live, daily talk show on WUSA-9 focusing on a variety of the latest trends in DC, MD and VA, such as food, fashion, fitness and fun. The show is hosted by Markette Sheppard and Kristen Berset. Craig and Jeff Smith own their two hardware stores that are part of the Ace Hardware cooperative. For new homeowners and everybody else, Scrigit Scrapers are available online and at many independently owned hardware stores in almost all 50 states. If you don’t see Scrigit Scrapers at your favorite store, ask for them.Share on
Follow Scrigit on